Monday, May 21, 2007

Camp's Open

I put aside my knitting needles and went to camp in Speculator on Saturday to turn on the water...and count the leaks. I had l water pipe with a small split, called the plumber and taped it up with duct tape until he can get there. My water connections aren't tight and they spray a little but I can live with that until he arrives. I solemnly promise myself to call the guy who turns on/off a friend's water up there and not fuss with this anymore. I think I'm saving money doing it myself, but I can't fix water leaks so I end up calling a plumber anyway! My great neighbors had let in the gasman to turn on the heat and they were super nice and unpacked our deck furniture so I didn't have to do that. I'd like to be back when the plumber arrives but if I'm not, I hope my neighbors are. We stopped at River's Edge, a drive-in on Rte 28 just west of the West Canada School, for lunch on the way home. They make a great Mexican, and their french fries are to die for! One order of fries easily feeds 2 people! I got someone to mow my lawn at home and it's well worth the cost. This is the first time I can remember that camp was open and the lawn was mowed in the same week! I even worked in a flower bed! I don't feel so overwhelmed right now!!

No comments: