Friday, May 4, 2007

knitting my fingers to the bone

I am doing a round, vintage lace shawl for a fashion show at the Otsega Hotel in Coopestown and keep forgetting to do the YO's! I know I'm rushing to get it done, but I feel so slow and dumb!!! After working 7 hours a day at my job, knitting on lace for 4 hours is leaveing me cramped and cranky. Besides the shawl, I have to do an outfit for a 2 year old for the fashion show. I'm thinking of doing a vintage coat/sweater set with a tam. Of course, I'm not being easy on myself, I want to do it in sport yarn. Between the lace shawls, baby socks and baby sweaters in sport yarn, whenever I get to work on ww I feel like I'm working in bulky! And, of course, the shop is doing well with tourist right now and my stock is getting low! I have to force myself to give up lace for awhile and get back to children's sweaters. Oh, well....

2 comments:

Sara said...

Do you do European knitting?

Blacksheep said...

Sara, I've tried and I think if I had enough time I could do it, but it feels so weird and it slows me down. I can't get over how fast knitters go doing European. Do you knit that way?