Monday, June 25, 2007

Working In The Shop

I worked in the shop in Cooperstown on Saturday. It was a nice day and quite a lot of people came into the store...many bought things, too. My first sale of the day, in fact, was one of my afghans. It was knit on the diagonal-like a dishcloth-on size 13 needles with Red Heart's Baby Cloud. Those afghans knit up pretty fast and look good. Most of our baseball hats (knit in Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn and embrodiered to look like a baseball) had sold. And the new summer sweater I had done in sport yarn with cables instead of ribbing was gone, too! I enjoy finding out that things have sold and luckly I had enough stock with me to fill in the holes on my shelves. Unfortunately, that was the only thing of mine that sold on Saturday. The rest of the day's sales were pretty well spread out to the other members of our co-op. One of my last sales was to a gentleman who was wasting time before a family wedding. He was a 'step' and I guess they don't have much to do during a family wedding. He was looking for something for his wife whose name was MaryEllen. One of our members is also named MaryEllen and he ended up buying over $30 worth of her beeswax candles and one of her hand-made baskets just because the name was the same! He was a very nice guy, too. I started another summer sweater yesterday and hopefully, will finish it tonight. Mom was busy knitting a baseball hat when I got home Saturday night so there should be a couple of them ready for me to work on, too. I want to get the shelves full before the end of this week. Cooperstown should be hopping this weekend and next week! Oh, the Doobie Brothers are in town for a concert tonight. Wish I was there instead of here at work, after all there is life beyond knitting, isn't there?

No comments: